There are two options for guest posts / sponsored articles: An article on the motomappers blog, or a short article in our newsletter Moto Intel Report (which will also be posted on the blog permanently). The difference is that the newsletter article is shorter and included in our newsletter, which reaches the inbox of the subscribers directly. A blog post is longer than a newsletter item and will have it's own URL on our blog.
Moto Intel Report (the newsletter), is sent out every two weeks. It's distributed to over 25k highly engaged motorcycle riders. Every issue contains quality, hand curated links and commentary.
Moto Intel Report offers just one sponsored article per issue, so as a sponsor you can be sure that your link is not fighting for position with any other sponsored articles. The article will be featured prominently between the other articles. Sponsored articles work well to get products and services noticed by subscribers.
It needs to add value to our audience and MUST BE MOTORCYCLE RELATED! For an example of the kind of content on the blog and in Moto Intel Report see the latest issues here. Topics range from Epic Routes, Motorcycle Gadgets, Motorcycle Clothing, Bike Comparisons, Bike Maintenance, Ride Reports, etc.
About the audience:
Our blog is visited by highly engaged and enthousiastic motorcycle riders.
People subscribe to the newsletter by:
- registering an account in the Scenic App upon which they receive a verification email, where they can explicitly opt-in to the newsletter or
- by explicitly entering their email in the subscription dialog on the MotoMappers blog, upon which they receive an email to confirm their subscription.
Due to these explicit double opt-ins the audience is highly engaged. As a result our open- and click rates are significantly above industry average.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Just like the non-sponsored content, each sponsored article should be highly relevant to motorcycle riding. Articles and links which are not relevant will not be accepted.
- Sponsored articles will be clearly marked as such with the text "Sponsored Article" in the headline.
- If you choose for the newsletter option, your sponsored article will appear in one issue, distributed to all subscribers and also permanently linked in the newsletter archive on the MotoMappers blog.
- You get to write the article and optionally provide a picture. We will then review, proof-read and make suggestions on your copy for deliverability.
- Visits to your sponsored link can be tracked through the use of Google "utm" parameters which will be automatically appended to your link. The utm_source will be "motomappers", the utm_medium will be "email" (in case of the newsletter) or "blog" in case of the blog. If you use Google Analytics on your web site these will be automatically tracked and will show the number of incoming visitors from the sponsored link.
- Full payment is required to reserve your sponsored article spot. Payment may be made by PayPal or by IBAN bank transfer. Payment must be made in full before the sponsored article is published. Invoices are available and will be sent via email.